If the thought of the appearance of flakes on your favorite winter jacket makes you worried, check out these tips! Dandruff during winters is caused by dry, itchy scalp as a result of dry, cold hair. A healthy hair care regime is an ideal way to prevent flaky scalp during the winter season.
Here are five simple tips to keep your scalp clear and healthy!
1. Avoid scratching: Constant scratching behavior can further damage the scalp leading to even more itching.
2. Wash thrice a week: Irregular hair wash results in building of dirt and cell debris that affects the health of your hair and scalp.
3. Avoid hot water: Your scalp increases oil production in response to hot water which serves as food to dandruff causing microbes. Use lukewarm water instead.
4. Use purifying oils: Look out for powerful ingredients like tea tree oil and neem in your regime. Tea tree oil prevents the growth of bacteria and fungi on the scalp. While neem is a proven age-old ingredient to purify and soothe your scalp.
5. Keep continuing your regime: Even after your dandruff disappears keep continuing your hair care regime to prevent the possibility of re-occurrence of dandruff.